1. can't help doing sth. 禁不住做某事，不由得不做某事
She couldn't hep smiling.
(1) can't help but do 不得不……;不能不 When the streets are full of melting snow, you can't help but get your shoes wet.
(2) cannot but 不能不，只能He could not but feel disappointed.
(1) help (sb.) (to) do sth. Help me get him back to bed at once. / By helping them we are helping save ourselves.
(2) help...with sth. 帮助……做某事 In those days he used to help her mother with her gardening.
(3) help oneself / sb. to sth. 给自己 / 别人夹菜 / 拿烟
等;擅自拿用 May I help you to some more vegetables?
(4) help...in sth. 在……方面帮助某人 She offered to help Rose in the housekeeping when I am not here.
(5) help out 帮忙 (做事;克服困难等) I've often helped Bob out when he's been a bit short of money.
① go around 到处走/跑.(疾病)流传，(谣言)传开;go after 追求;go ahead 说吧，请吧，做吧;go away 离开，出去
② go back 走网头路，翻悔改变;go bad 变坏;go boating 去划船
③ go fishing 去钓鱼;go for a walk去 散步
④ go hiking 去徒步旅行;go home 回家
⑤ go in for 喜爱，从事于;go into 进入，加入
⑥ go mad 发疯
⑦ go off 离去，去世;go on 继续，进展，依据;go on doing 继续做;go out 出去，发出去，熄灭，不时兴;go over 研究，检查，搜查
⑧ go shopping 去商店;go skating 去滑冰;go straight along 沿着;go swimming 去游泳
⑨ go through 通过，经受，仔细检查;go to bed 上床
⑩ go up 上升
go wrong 走错路，误入歧途
[例句] We'll go through the items one by one. 我们要逐条研究。She has gone back to her old habits. 她又回到了已往的习惯。Come on Sunday by yourself - we can go over the house together. 星期天你要过来.我们一起检查一下房子。His speech went on for so long that people began to fall asleep. 他的演讲持续很长时间，结果人们开始想睡。That expression has gone out. Nobody Uses it today. 那个短语已经过时了，现在没有人在用它。The young fellow hasn't realized that he has gone wrong. 这个年轻人还没有意识到他已经误入歧途。Tired of going shopping with his wife，Mr. Liu pretended to have something important to do. 厌烦与妻子一起去购物，刘先生假装有重要的事情要做。
【考例2】(2004北京) I don't ____ rock' n' roll. It's much too noisy for my taste.
A. go after B. go away with
C. go into D. go in for
[答案与解析]D go after 追求;go away with 带走;go into进入，加入;go in for 喜爱，爱好。根据句子意思“摇滚音乐太嘈杂。不合乎我的口味.所以我不喜欢”。
【考例】(NMET 1998) Nobody noticed the thief slip into the house because the lights happened to ____.
A. be put up B. give in
C. be turned on D. go out
[答案与解析] D put up 挂起;give in 屈服;turn on 打开;go out 熄灭。本句话意思是“没有人注意到贼溜进了屋子，因为灯碰巧熄灭了”。
3. go wrong
(2) 失败;不顺利All our plans went wrong. / Everything went wrong in those days.
(3)发生故障 The clock went wrong.
(1) go 表示由积极向消极方面变化Fish soon goes bad in hot weather. 又如：go mad / pale / blind / hungry
(2) become / get 表示由积极向消极或消极向积极方
面变化 The weather is getting quite warm. / Gradually he became silent.
(3) turn 多接表颜色的词 This ink turns black when it dries. / He used to be a teacher till he turned writer.
注意：become a writer